The City of Love In Three Days


              Ah Paris... the city of love and lights. A city where you can fall in love with someone one night and another one the next. For me, a lady who is happily in love with a man, Paris was only but a view. A wonderful, magical, marvelous view. We begin our journey on Friday afternoon. Noah and I take the train from the little village we are staying in and head all the way up to the city. We get off at the subway starting and take the mall to Galeries LaFayette. Of course, in Paris, shopping is a sport and I was about to make my way on to the field. With eight levels of couture, leather goods, makeup, perfumes, watches, etc... Oh and do not forget about the chic café on the last level that gives you a full panoramic view of the city. After about five hours of shopping we decided to head back home. Below I will show you all the things I bought.
             On Saturday, we started off the day with a pain au chocolate and a cappuccino (my fav drink to get in Europe). We then walked a few meters to see l'église manifique, Notre Dame. I just love the details in the architecture and positive vibe the church gives off. Après, Notre Dame. We headed off for La Louvre and took some pretty artsy pics. Just your typical couple doing couple things picture. Then, after walking a mile or so we made it to La Champs-Élysées, stopped in a couple of shops, then took another picture right in the middle of the street. Got to have the perfect picture, am I right? Après ça, we took the metro to La Tour Eiffel. Oh what a magnificent sight to see. Just looking at it makes my heart skip a beat. As we stop in the park directly in front of La Tour Eiffel for a picnic, I can not help but take in the love for this amazing country. My roots. I dream to live in the city of high couture and love. Then, we walk closer to the monument, take yet again another picture and head on for the next stop... Montmartre. If you have never heard of Montmartre, it is located at the top of the city. You can either take an elevator or walk up about seven flights of stairs. Being the fitness junky I am, I took the stairs. It might have been pain, but the view at the top took it all away. What a jolie city Paris is I thought. Night came upon us and so we decided to go for dinner. While enjoying our meal, the ambiance became full with spirit and delight. Montmartre is full of artists, painters, and boutiques. Perfect for any tourist. As we start to wind down, I can not help but once more look at La Tour Eiffel sparkle in the night. What an amazing sight to see.
             Le dernier jour, we needed to have an art fix. So, we decided to go to the Pablo Picasso Museum. For le déjeuner we walked to the Jewish District and ate at Chez Marianne. Now, I do not know exactly what I had, but oh my gosh was it the best thing ever. Pita bread with tzatziki sauce with cabbage with falafel. With all the walking we had done the past few days, we decided to call it a day and head back to our little home we are staying in.
             Paris is a city everyone should visit at least once. I know it sounds cliché, but it is very true. Paris will always have my heart and I will always love Paris. À bientôt!


                           

                    
                  
                  



O.O.T.D Saturday
Top: Pull & Bear
Pants: ???
Shoes: ALDO
Bag: Louis Vuitton
Sunglasses: Kate Spade


Comments

Popular Posts